Sunday, September 03, 2006

My F-15 Pusher Prop Jet Model Plane

Finally, i have finished my 2nd RC model airplane. For this model of plane, i choose a scale look jet model . One of the best jet fighter legend, F-15. On the black foam color, it's look like good. With yellow striping for stabilizer hinge. I built it on the weekend.
Spec for this black F-15 is :
Wing Span : 60cm
Length : 86 cm
Power Used : CDR Motor
Prop : APC 6x4
Control : 3 Ch, Speed , Elevon mixing ( Aileron and elevator Mixed on radio )
AUW : ...? i didn't know exactly , how about the weight of this war bird model.

I have choosed for elevon mixing , and not full stab flying cause , i 'm worried , i can't handle it. As ussual, beginner pilot reason.
I have tested for maiden flight this model on Sunday. Using 3S/1200mAh and 6x4 prop, its look like under powered. After hand launch for take off, its flew gently easy for control but little hard for climbing. Its not enough speed for climb. I didn't know exactly, under powered or nose heavy. I'll try to move backward on next flight. And main reason for emergency landing is, because i can't see it during flight. So, better for landing than crash.

Here is some photograph and video taken during maiden flight. I'll post report for the next flight. Hope it 'll fly better next time.




Front view of my F-15




Back view of my F-15




Ground Crew, Thanks for Co-Pilot Jajang for this photograph






Maiden Flight Video





Korea , Beginning of Fall 2006

Ayah Zakki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home